On 2021/02/02 18:40, k...@intricatesoftware.com wrote:
> Update to 8.0.4 with the following additional changes:
> - Use mmap via the configure argument instead of hard-coding it.
> - Define USE_MMAP_ANON for all OpenBSD arch to match upstream
>   code conventions.
> - Remove unused ELF_CLASS define for OpenBSD.
> - Remove old HAVE_DL_ITERATE_PHDR workaround for OpenBSD.
> - Don't use old GC_find_limit_openbsd() which is only needed for
>   uthreads.
>
> I've tested this on i386, amd64, sparc64 and aarch64 using the
> port's regress tests and by using w3m. Note that on aarch64 the
> current boehm-gc port isn't stable and w3m will crash it pretty
> easily. This update has not fixed that (aarch64 is still unstable
> but the regress tests pass).
>
> Additional testing on mips, powerpc, etc. would be appreciated.

I'm OK with this, it's a significant clean-up for what is one of the
trickiest ports in the tree, but tests on other arches would be welcome.

Note to testers: building w3m against the new boehm-gc and browsing
a selection of pages is good for testing; following a few links around
wikipedia or something is often enough to pick up problems.

Kurt, I know it's just papering over the problem but what do you think
about setting -O1 in the w3m port for aarch64 for now?