We package 0.8.3 05-Apr-2012 but 0.8.4 in 13-Jul-2013 and 0.8.5 in
08-Oct-2018 were released;  the NEWS file in the latest tarball says:

        * Changes in release 0.8.5

        Various changes to make it compile with newer g++ and libcrypto.

        Manually parse /etc/resolv.conf, rather than attempting to make use of
        the res data structure (which at least on OpenBSD no longer actually
        contains the addresses of resolvers).

        * Changes in release 0.8.4

        Switch to new resolver library interface, as previous way of reloading
        resolv.conf is no longer compatible with glibc.

        Set IP_FREEBIND option if available.

        Added systemd avenger.service file.

Does anyone still use this "highly-configurable, MTA-independent SMTP
server daemon" on OpenBSD?  I'm inclined to assume the answer is "no",
especially if the latest release from over two years ago contains
DNS and crypto relevant specifically for OpenBSD.

Does anyone want to look at updating and testing this port or shall we
send it to the attic?

PS: http://www.mailavenger.org/NEWS is sitll missing 0.8.5 changes, so
best look at the actual tarball.