Sebastien Marie <sema...@online.fr> wrote:

I take no position on what lands in ports, but want to make a public
comment.  I doubt you wrote the following sentence:

> Zig is a general-purpose programming language and toolchain for
> maintaining robust, optimal, and reusable software.

I am sure both csh and php aspired to do the same.

One thing Rust has done, is to teach everyone they must lead with
propoganda.  After all if your propoganda isn't overbearing, obviously
you've got nothing?  It is pretty sad others feel compelled to repeat
such bombastic same-old same-old glowing terms, rather than describing
"what we do is different".

Robust?  Show us 100 critical and meaningful programs.
Optimal?  That results from LLVM in the back-end.
Reusable?  Uhm show us 100 critical and meaningful programs.

Perhaps these authors don't understand that those of us attempting to
use modern techniques like privsep in C (proper privsep is exceedingly
rare outside of the C universe because memory-safe makes privsep
irrelevant /sarc) remain uninspired by such lead-ins.  We recognize all
the tools in the world are imperfect, but wow, such a first sentence
does wonders to lose the audience.  I met a programmer using an obscure
language...