On 2021/03/21 11:30, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 17:36:55 +0000
> Dimitri Karamazov <deserter...@danwin1210.me>:
>
> > Ping
> >

> hello, in zyn-fusion I'd add audio/zynaddsubfx as a RUN_DEP because
> it seems mandatory to use zyn-fusion.

The problem is that the dependency is sort-of circular. zynaddsubfx
requires zyn-fusion or another UI to be useful, and zyn-fusion requires
zynaddsubfx to be useful.

AUR deals with this by including zynaddsubfx in zyn-fusion (and having
them conflict) but that doesn't seem ideal either.

Thinking about what happens if other UIs are added though, having
zynaddsubfx depend on zyn-fusion doesn't work because the user might want
a different UI.

Maybe the answer is to have zyn-fusion depend on zynaddsubfx and move
the README to zynaddsubfx ("this package provides the backenx synthesizer,
you must also install a user interface") - or even just including it in
DESCR.

The other way is to use meta-packages but that's messier ..