> Am 09.04.2021 um 18:55 schrieb Florian Obser <flor...@openbsd.org>:
>
> This is awkward, it basically takes over the (virtual) server, so it's
> not a snipped that you can just add to your existing config.

I agree. I didn’t really had this in mind while testing the config. I just
modified it slightly so there’s no top level root declaration:

       location "/icingaweb2/*.php*" {
               root "/icinga-web2/public/"
               request strip 1
               fastcgi socket "/run/php-fpm-icingaweb2.sock"
               fastcgi param ICINGAWEB_CONFIGDIR "/etc/icingaweb2"
       }

       location found "/icingaweb2/*" {
               root "/icinga-web2/public/"
               request strip 1
       }

       location not found "/icingaweb2/*" {
               root "/icinga-web2/public/"
               request rewrite "/icingaweb2/index.php?$QUERY_STRING"
       }

The trick just seems to be to first match for existing files and then handle
the 'not found‘ ones. Seems to work so far, at least I didn’t notice any 404s
or empty responses.