Yes retiring the separate port makes sense.

--
 Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
On 29 April 2021 02:36:03 Todd C. Miller <mill...@openbsd.org> wrote:

Our sysutils/syslog-ng port uses the libevtlog.so from the
sysutils/eventlog port instead of the version shipped with syslog-ng.

However, eventlog doesn't seem to be developed outside of syslog-ng
anymore.  The last commit to https://github.com/balabit/eventlog
was in 2015 and the source shipped with syslog-ng has added APIs
not present in our port.

Is it time to retire the eventlog port and just have syslog-ng use
the bundled copy or would it be worth patching the port to support
the APIs required by newer syslog-ng?  My ultimate goal is to update
the syslog-ng port (mostly done) but this is standing in my way.

As far as I can tell the only other port that depends on eventlog
is syslog-ng itself.

Thoughts?

- todd