On Fri, May 07, 2021 at 07:04:49AM +0000, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:
> On Fri, May 07, 2021 at 06:00:03AM +0000, Chris Bennett wrote:
> > I'm having an error getting doas make install. Also fails when using root
> > for make package and when I moved the directory over into /usr/ports/devel/
>
> You must avoid using root for the ports work.
> Also no need for 'doas make install', `make install` will call onto doas.
>
> > and mk.conf
> >
> > CX ~ $ cat /etc/mk.conf
> > SUDO=/usr/bin/doas
> > FETCH_PACKAGES=-Dsnap
> > DISTDIR=/usr/distfiles
> > PACKAGE_REPOSITORY=/usr/packages
> > WRKOBJDIR=/usr/Pobj
> > LOCKDIR=/usr/Pobj/locks
> > #LOCK_VERBOSE=Yes
>
> I've ran into such errors using non-default locations as above.
> Why not set everything inside /usr/ports with all on different partitions
> if necessary.
>

> > .include "/usr/ports/infrastructure/templates/mk.conf.template"
> >
> > _-----------------------------------------_
> >
> > I see that a lot of changes have been made to porting.
> > I've been reading the manual pages for ports, package, packages,
> > bsd.port.mk, etc.
> > I've also read the Porter's Handbook pages.
> >
> > All of the make steps work fine, as they did before. I'm not sure exactly
> > where to
> > look for this problem. I've been running sysupgrade for a long time. Might
> > there be
> > some step that didn't take right (likely my fault) and I need to do a fresh
> > install?
> >
> > Hmm,
> > Chris Bennett
>
> You don't need a fresh install, maybe refetch the ports tree at most.
> This is all that is required in mk.conf, if you keep/mount in the default
> locations.
>
> /etc/mk.conf
> PORTS_PRIVSEP=Yes
> SUDO=doas
> FETCH_PACKAGES=-Dsnap
>
> If sls is your default user, as root do:
>
> # usermod sls -G wsrc
> # chown -R sls:wsrc /usr/ports
> # chmod 775 /usr/ports
> # cd /usr/ports && make fix-permissions
>
> You need to expand default example doas.conf as follows:
> Set proper user in PORTS_TREE_OWNER below.
> You can add TRUSTED_PKG_PATH and TERM below if required
> for pkg_add/pkg_delete.
>
> /etc/doas.conf
> permit setenv { \
>     FTPMODE PKG_CACHE PKG_PATH SM_PATH SSH_AUTH_SOCK \
>     DESTDIR DISTDIR FETCH_CMD FLAVOR GROUP MAKE MAKECONF \
>     MULTI_PACKAGES NOMAN OKAY_FILES OWNER PKG_DBDIR \
>     PKG_DESTDIR PKG_TMPDIR PORTSDIR RELEASEDIR SHARED_ONLY \
>     SUBPACKAGE WRKOBJDIR SUDO_PORT_V1 PORTS_TREE_OWNER=sls \
>     FAKE_TREE_OWNER=_pbuild } :wsrc
>
> Then you can use ports as your default user `sls`
> $ make build
> $ make package
> $ make install

No luck.
Works fine for existing ports. My new port (super simple p5- )
keeps failing about signature.

At this point I'm clueless. Tired out too.

I looked at dpb too. Pretty much guessed at trying to make it build this
single port, but that didn't work. I don't really understand what options
it needs or if will work with things as-is right now.

Still, that really doesn't help with doing things the "normal" way.
Worst case, I can do a fresh install on the second hard drive.
But I really don't like not knowing or understanding what the problem is.

If I can't figure it out, I'll do a fresh install another day and see if that
fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Chris