On 2021/07/05 11:25, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 12:13:38PM +0200, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> > ok jca@ fwiw but as I said Edd has a wip update to 2.3.1.
>
> In hindsight, I think using Stuart's 2.2.29 diff would be better.
> Upstream describes 2.3.x as "the start of public testing releases". I
> think we should give users the most stable packages we can.
>
> In addition to sthen@'s diff, here's updates to libksba and pinentry.
>
> If those are committed, then the only out-of-date gnupg-related
> component would be gpgme (which I've not had time to look at yet,
> sorry).

I can take a look at gpgme.

> With libksba, although upstream did major bumps, I can't see any reason
> to do so based on the changes I see to the public API. Hence I've not
> bumped our SO version, but someone should double check my work. We could
> just bump it to be sure.

They replaced some parts in the middle of struct ksba_cms_s, this struct
is in src/cms.h which isn't in an installed header but it is used in
prototypes that are in the installed ksba.h. So I'm a bit unsure
whether bumping is needed or not but I think I'd go with "if in doubt,
bump" here to be on the safe side.

Otherwise those are OK sthen@