Hi Lucas,

On Wed, Jul 07, 2021 at 07:24:40PM +0000, Lucas wrote:
> Thanks for your work on maintaining this port, I really appreciate it!
> Given this issue [0] (saved logins being lost), shouldn't be best to
> wait until it's fixed for updating, or at least include a big warning
> somewhere like pkg/README? Personally I'll be unaffected by this, but
> I can understand it being a PITA for other users.
>
> [0]: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40506

Hmm. I understand your concern. However, I think staying with
Tor Browser 10.0.17 is not really an option; 10.5.2 is around the
corner [1] and it a.o. consists of an update to a new version of
Firefox ESR, which probably includes security fixes that we want to
have.

As for including a warning: I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can weigh
in on this. I'm leaning towards not doing that; on the release page of
Tor Browser 10.5, it is already mentioned as well.

Caspar

[1]
https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-build.git/commit/?h=maint-10.5&id=512c1587ef0974d6c7688aaf9b36233da3f478a0