On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 07:25:13PM +0200, Stefan Hagen wrote:
> Dimitri Karamazov wrote:

> >> I'm not going to have time to do much in the way of debugging, but
> >> it's crashing at startup for me:
> >
> > Apologies for the huge delay but I'm unable to reproduce the error
> > could you please test again?
>
> I'm not able to reproduce the error as well. Muse4 starts up find here.
> However, I was not able to hear any sound output. Jackd is running, the
> mixer in muse4 shows a signal and audioctl shows bytes played. But no
> audio is actually played.
>
> Other audio works fine on my machine. I followed your test steps in the
> first email. Am I missing anything obvious?
>
> No need to troubleshoot my audio setup. But if there are prerequisites,
> they should be mentioned in a pkg-readme.

There is no need for any initial configuration, though there is a need
for an Output Track similar to the Input Track we create while following
the instructions. This Track is created by default and must be present
for any sound or signal to be detected so we can rule this one out.

I'll suggest using the attached file for testing the sound. Please use it
as is without any extraction.

While in Muse, Ctrl-O then select the attached file, Space or click the
play icon on the second row from the top to play. Hopefully there will be
sound and we can claim inadequate instructions to be the cause of the error.

Let me know how it goes.

regards,
  Dimitri.