On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:43:16AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I'm having a go at porting texlive, as teTeX is now unmaintained. I
> have to say that I'm not really familiar with the porting system. I
> have only read the docs on the OBSD web page.
>
> I have started with the base set of compilers and filters etc (latex,
> pdflatex ...).
>
> make fetch, extract and build appear to work fine, but during make
> package a certain part of the port is trying to write /usr (even using
> CONFIGURE_STYLE= gnu dest).

Fire up whatever you have to access cvs, and look through the history
of teTeX. It's been one of the annoying ports to fake, because its
configure script was special.

I haven't maintained it for a while, but it looks like teTeX itself has
been cleansed.

What you report looks like exactly the issues we used to have with teTeX.
Part of texlive is probably not cleaned. Best way is to figure out the
part that doesn't obey DESTDIR correctly, and explain that to the texlive
people, and get them to put a new version out.

Good luck.