Hi,

When emacs-27.2p1-gtk3 catches a SIGSEGV and is in the foreground of
its terminal, then I get a printf %n in /var/log/messages:

Aug 23 17:52:26 wisconsin emacs: *printf used %n: Fatal error %d: %n%s

I first found this by accident, on OpenBSD/powerpc64, after I made a
wrong diff in my X server.  I caused a SIGSEGV in libX11; emacs caught
it and reached the %n in WRKSRC/src/emacs.c:shut_down_emacs()

To reproduce the %n, it is enough to run "emacs" in one terminal and
"pkill -SEGV emacs" in another terminal.

(Something else: 32-bit powerpc libexecinfo seems to have stopped
crashing after the switch to ld.lld.  It might be possible to enable
libexecinfo in emacs, but I have not checked this.)

--George