Le Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 10:33:52PM +0200, Omar Polo a écrit :
> Hello ports,
>
> motivated by the fact that godot 4.0 will require scons 3+, I tried to
> update devel/scons to a newer release.  The attached patch updates to
> 4.2.0 and switches from python2 to python3.  While it seems to work,
> there are some failure in ports:

that is quite a large undertaking, but you've already solved most of the
fallout; so that is nice !!

> Another way would be to update to scons 3.something and keep python2.
> It would be easier indeed, and I've been doing so for a while, but I
> thought to bite the bullet and give a full update a chance.

not sure this can make 7.0 but definitely worth considering after that.
I dont think you should bother with the intermediate step of scons 3,
unless it makes things easier for you and breaks less things.

Landry