Frederic Cambus wrote:
> This program is from 2001 and was written with CRT monitors in mind,
> so I don't think anyone still uses this.
>
> From DESCR:
>
> Tempest for Eliza is a program that uses your computer monitor to
> send out AM short wave radio signals. You can then hear computer
> generated music in your radio. It teaches you that your computer
> can be observed. Tempest for Eliza works with every monitor,
> every resolution.
>
> Comments? OK to remove it?

It still works, even on laptops. But not as clear / strong as with CRT
screens. This is an example with a Samsung SyncMaster 205B, which is
an LCD screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzmVl1o4-tA

It's still fun to play with it to demo creative use of technology.
I pull it out once every 3 years or so.

I would say, keep the port as long it's effortless. Once it needs
touching, it can go away.

Best regards,
Stefan