Vinh Nguyen <cavoirom.wan...@yahoo.com> writes:

> GoatCounter is an open source web analytics platform that we could
> self-hosted. The home page could be found here:
> https://www.goatcounter.com/ and the Github repository:
> https://github.com/zgoat/goatcounter
>

> The intention of this port is:
> * Have a binary package for GoatCounter in OpenBSD.
> * Provide rc script to control the daemon.
> * Store sqlite database of GoatCounter to /var/goatcounter
> * User can configure GoatCounter via "goatcounter_flags" put into
> /etc/rc.conf.local
>

> Current status:
> * Build OK.
> * Package installed OK.
> * Can control GoatCounter via rc script.
>
> I'm very new in porting, please give me feedback if there is
> improvement I should make for this port.
>
> Attached the port in this email. You can extract it to
> /usr/ports
>
> Best Regards,
> Vinh.

Hello,

some quick comments on the makefile:

 - 1.4.2 is old, but there are problems fetching 2.0 (as you're probably
   aware, but other people here may not).  See
   https://github.com/zgoat/goatcounter/issues/517

 - please follow the order in Makefile.template.  Comments like "Owner"
   or "Download and extract information" are usually absent.  In
   particular, the comment before PERMIT_PACKAGE should be only the
   license name (EUPL in this case).

 - MODGO_MODFILES is usually in its own `modules.inc' file and included
   right before bsd.port.mk.  The workflow should be something like

        make modgo-gen-modules > modules.inc

   see net/tailscale or net/headscale for example (just the first two go
   ports that comes to mind)

 - don't need to define PKGNAME, DISTNAME here is enough and the
   infrastructure already drops the `v' from the version number:

        make show=PKGNAME
        goatcounter-1.4.2

regarding the rc script:

 - are rc_stop, rc_restart and rc_check really needed?  They look really
   similar to the default ones in rc.subr.

In addition, I'd drop the second paragraph from DESCR.  If the user has
installed the package I guess it's not really interested of being
reminded that they can use the hosted service at goatcounter.com,
because then the package itself becomes useless.  (I understand that
this is opinable)

I'm not attaching an updated tarball because I was trying (without
success) to convince google' servers to let me download version 2.0.4
and I've added a couple of hacks ^^"

Cheers,

Omar Polo

P.S.: the port tree is already locked for the 7.0 release.