COMMENT
jabber server, original implementation in C/C++

DESCR
This is the original C/C++ server implementation of the Jabber protocol,
now known as XMPP.  This implementation has been formerly known as just
jabberd as well.  Note that jabberd2 (also known as Jabberd 2.x) is not
a newer version of jabberd14 but a completely different project.
This server implements both the legacy Jabber protocols and XMPP as
specified in RFC 3920 and RFC 3921.  It can either be run as one
monolithic server process or be modularized into different processes
which can even be distributed among various machines or clustered in
order to improve fault tolerance.

DO NOT CONFUSE
with our net/jabberd port, which actually is jabberd2.

TESTED
on i386-current with filespool, mysql and postgresql storage

THANKS TO
Wijnand Wiersma for implementing, testing and documenting
  the -postgresql FLAVOR and additional help polishing to port
Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse for lots of helpful contributions
Michael Wimmer (the upstream maintainer) for some useful tips
  and for his interest in integrating our patches into his tree
Micha Lenk for the hint that IPv6 support should not yet be enabled in
  ./configure because that triggers an unresolved bug breaking IPv4 support
Klara Mall for help during the testing phase

PLEASE
test on addtional architectures and commit...
Any feedback is welcome.

THE ATTACHED TARBALL IS ALSO AVAILABLE FROM
http://www.studis.de/Software/jabberd14-1.6.0b3.tgz