Wind R <oct...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> 1. OpenBSD doesn't have a syscall that returns the current path to the
> executable file of the process, which adb and fastboot both use.

This system call is impossible.  It is not possible to convert an inode
to a path cheaply.  A variety of systems have this, and it either (very
often) or (upon occasion) lies.  When it lies, the applications take a
variety of bullshit strategies to cope, pretty much all of them wrong.
It appears this idea came from Windows, where you can install
applications in various directories.  Our ports applications are always
installed in /usr/include Is that difficult to understand?

Should we make this system call and make it always lie or fail, to demonstrate
the issue to the community, or can they finally understand that OpenBSD
ports are *always installed to the same place*?