I'd like to remove the various */pear-* ports and mark them in quirks
with the category "removed in favor of using the language's package
manager"

Many are outdated in ports, no other port depends on them any more
(other than internal dependencies by other pear-* ports), and in real
world use these are normally fetched with some dependency management
tool like composer.

Any objections?

(I am only talking about the various classes fetched from pear,
thinks like mail/pear-Mail, net/pear-HTTP, textproc/pear-XML-Parser
and so on -- specifically not the www/pear port providing pear and
pear-utils).