On 2021/12/04 10:37, Sebastien Marie wrote:
> I started to look at sparc64: it will an interesting arch, as c++
> ports are using estdc++ by default. For now I don't copied the related
> code from devel/llvm to devel/llvm13 (to make clang-13 to use estdc++
> instead of libc++ for generated code), as I am unsure it would be
> useful for building programs (but building libraries would be
> problematic as mixing estdc++ and libc++ code will not work). For now,
> I am experimenting.

libestdc++ is necessary for building programs too, if they link against
any library that uses C++ itself. I suppose this probably doesn't matter
for your needs though.

No objection as a temporary measure (as long as it's clear that it's
to support rust/zig rather than for general use), but I do hope it's fairly
short-lived.