Hi Lewis,

Lewis ingraham wrote:
> Also I for some reason cannot get the program to launch when it is built
> and installed. It comes up as "command not found" when I type in bpytop.
>
> Project I am currently trying to port properly:
> https://github.com/aristocratos/bpytop

There is an easier way to get started with python ports. We have
portgen(1) which can give you a head start with perl, python, ruby
and go ports.

Try "portgen bpytop". It will generate as much of a port it can in
/usr/ports/mystuff/pypi. Then examine what it did and fix it up.

The port you're trying to create is not using the usual setup.py build
script. Instead it has a Makefile, which copies files around. Portgen
is not prepared for that and it needs fixing.

I added NO_BUILD=Yes to the port system from trying to invoke setup.py.
Next I added a do-install: target with will be execute as "make install"
command.

The (quickly) fixed port is attached. It works here.

Best regards,
Stefan