Klemens Nanni wrote:
> This port is required for another upcoming port.
> rnnoise is small and standalone and already works when used in that port
> so I'd like to get it in now as a first step.
>
> I'll maintain the package.
>
> ---
> Information for inst:rnnoise-20210312
>
> Comment:
> Recurrent neural network for audio noise reduction

> RNNoise is a noise suppression library based on a recurrent neural network.
> A description of the algorithm is provided in the following paper:
>
> J.-M. Valin, A Hybrid DSP/Deep Learning Approach to Real-Time Full-Band Speech
> Enhancement, Proceedings of IEEE Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP) Workshop,
> arXiv:1709.08243, 2018.
> https://arxiv.org/pdf/1709.08243.pdf
>
> While it is meant to be used as a library, a simple command-line tool is
> provided as an example. It operates on RAW 16-bit (machine endian) mono
> PCM files sampled at 48 kHz.
>
> Maintainer: Klemens Nanni <k...@openbsd.org>
>
> WWW: https://jmvalin.ca/demo/rnnoise
> ---
>
> Feedback? OK?

Nice one.

* Space in the $OpenBSD$ marker (portcheck -N complains)
* COMMENT should start lowercase

If you write in pkg/DESCR that a command line tools is available, you
should probably install it. I assume examples/rnnoise_demo.c is meant.

Version attached with the above fixed and pkg slightly adjusted to make
clear that the command line tool is provided as code.

The URL https://arxiv.org/pdf/1709.08243.pdf can be downloaded with
ftp, but the wget user agent seem to be forbidden. This might confuse
users... is this worth mentioning?

Best Regards,
Stefan