Hi,

while working on a port for NodeJS 16.x, I noticed that net/libcares provides a /usr/local/include/ares_nameser.h that doesn't work on OpenBSD:

In Lines 68 through 178, the enum ns_rcode, ns_opcode, ns_type are only
defined if CARES_HAVE_ARPA_NAMESER_H is not defined. OpenBSD has arpa/nameser.h but it doesn't define those enums.

As per the comment, c-ares makes the assumption that arpa/nameser.h should define them:

* arpa/nameser.h should provide these enumerations always, so if not found,
* provide them
*/

I'm not sure if the right approach would be to define those enums in OpenBSDs arpa/nameser.h (FreeBSD and Linux seem to do that) or to remove the condition from the include File in the c-ares port, or if there's another even better solution?

cu,
Volker