On Tue, Jan 11 2022, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2022/01/10 22:51, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
>> Since this now requires a C++ compiler (and a modern one) zap
>> COMPILER_LANGS and MODGCC4_ARCHS (the latter is outdated).
>>
>> Build-tested on sparc64.  ok?
>
> OK.
>
> If the alignment problem on armv7 still exists then it may need this
>
> COMPILER =    ports-gcc base-clang
> MODGCC4_ARCHS =       armv7

This would restrict the use of ports-gcc to armv7, maybe fixing
the alignement problem on armv7 but not addressing the recent C++
compiler requirement on sparc64 and other non-clang archs.

> (MODGCC4_ARCHS is not really outdated, it is the way we can restrict
> ports-gcc so that it's only used on specific archs. It's not needed
> very often though).

The variable MODGCC4_ARCHS is not outdated indeed, but its use in this
Makefile lead me to think that its addition predated armv7 switching to
clang.  Turns out this was not true.

I'll try to test mupdf on armv7 when I get some time, in the meantime
I'll commit this diff which should strictly improve the situation.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE