Hi Stuart,

On 2022-01-23 14:25:17, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2022/01/23 10:52, Thim wrote:
> > Hi Omar,

> > > I think it's fine to at least give it a try to package those if the
> > > added functionality is useful.  I'm *personally* not that much
> > > interested in seeing the location of peers, but think that pyperclip
> > > could be useful.
> >
> > Very well. Pyperclip should be considered a optional dependency then.
> > Since this is a python package the typical GNU configure isn't used so I
> > am a bit confused as to how I would add this to the Makefile.
> > Porter's handbook nor the bsd.port.mk(5) manpage seem to cover this.
> >
> > >  - python programs usually don't have the "py-" prefix or FLAVORS.
> > >    They're just for python libraries.
> >
> > I may be wrong here but adding a hint of clipboard support via pyperclip in
> > the pkg/DESCR is the right move? Or is the better option to give the
> > user a message upon installation via pkg/MESSAGE?
>
> You could mention it in pkg/DESCR. I think few people will read it
> though. pyperclip is tiny, it wouldn't hurt to set it as a RUN_DEPENDS
> anyway.
>
> MESSAGE is better reserved for things which are really really
> important, otherwise people won't read those either.

You're probably right. I've added it to RUN_DEPS in tremc and I
have made a port for pyperclip. Both tarballs are attached.

I assume that it is okay to have both of these ports in one mail thread?
Since the latter is a library, it won't do much on its own.

I did notice that pyperclip have tests in the setuptools.py file but I
couldn't get them all to work properly. It seems that it passes 10 tests
and fails another 10, either way pyperclip seems to be working just
fine.

Let me know what you think.

Br,

Thim Cederlund