On Wed, Feb 09, 2022 at 02:39:12AM +0300, Andrew Krasavin wrote:
I was thinking a bit about updating the msgpack port. I came to the
conclusion that we should probably bump SHARED_LIBS and also check
the build of all ports that depend on msgpack.
Intend to start doing this now.

Apparently, by changing the C++ standard from C++98 to C++17 we
change abi in an incompatible way (probably mostly due to changes
in the C++ standard library). The gtest linking errors with
msgpack or abseil-cpp are a consequence of this.
I think it would be better to be reinsured here.
What is your opinion?

and also check the build of all ports that depend on msgpack.

Fortunately, there are only two such ports.
Neovim definitely runs with the new msgpack without rebuilding (but
I don't know what exactly the msgpack is used for in neovim and I
have done very primitive checks).
Building neovim with the new msgpack is also successful.

I know even less about sysutils/tmate than I do about neovim.
Anyway: with the new msgpack tmate at least runs. The port was built
without errors and without making any changes.

Increasing the version of the shared library still seems like a good
idea to me, but it should be noted - there are no obvious
problems with the ports.

--
Wbr, Andrew Krasavin