On Fri Feb 11, 2022 at 10:24:29PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2022/02/11 21:45, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> > Hi ports!
> >
> > To work with upstream for a better OpenBSD support I would like to remove
> > our deep openbsd hacks in the cmake base-system.
> >
> > This diff removes the webkit/webengine-wxneeded hack in
> > cmComputeLinkInformation.cxx. I added USE_WXNEEDED=Yes in all ports with
> > Qt5WebKit and Qt5WebEngine*.
> >
> > Because the hack handles all "webkit" entries, do we need USE_WXNEEDED in
> > all other ports where there is a "webkit"? What are they? www/webkitgtk4?
> >
> > Feedback?
>
> I don't know exactly what that hack does,

It searches for webkit/webengine (lower-case search) in all link-entries
for EXECUTABLE/SHARED_LIBRARY targets. If the search match it adds
"-Wl,-z,wxneeded".

> but I checked recoll and that does not currently have an
> OPENBSD_WXNEEDED section (check with objdump -p).

recoll is not a cmake port. I think I found that through my analysis. I
looked ports that use Qt5WebKit or Qt5WebEngine but have no
USE_WXNEEDED=Yes.

I come to two questions:

1. USE_WXNEEDED=Yes is broken for recoll and maybe other QMake ports
or
2. Not all ports depending on Qt5WebKit,Qt5WebEngine need wxneeded. I
don't think so.

> And for citra you changed from USE_WXNEEDED=Yes to No. So at the
> very least there are some missing bumps here, but maybe other changes
> are needed too.

Ops, that was my test-case. USE_WXNEEDED=Yes works here with
USE_WXNEEDED. That should be Yes, I'll save us another diff.