On Wed, 9 May 2007 23:19:13 +0000 (UTC), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christian
Weisgerber) wrote:
>> I'm trying to install php5-core from ports. The build process makes use
>> of gettext which on its turn makes use of lib-expat from X11-base. As
>> I'm working on a web-server I have no need for X11
>
> Obviously you do.
>
> Folks, get it into your heads:  The X11 libraries are very much a
> part of the base system and you need to have them installed.  This
> has nothing whatsoever to do with whether you have a shiny graphics
> display connected to that machine.

I really dislike the idea of installing binaries/libraries, which are not going
to be used for a certain task/application. It's the same with the compiler; if
you do not use it, do not install it.
I am wondering what the reason is for abandoning expat from ports - Xenocara
maybe?

As a solution for my 'problem' I made changes to the expat-, and gettext-port.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.

immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.