On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 07:47:27PM -0500, George Koehler wrote:
> These 3 ports have WRKSRC/docs/reference/meson.build calling
> dependency('mm-common-libstdc++', required: false).  This will try
> pkg-config with mm-common-libstdc++.pc (which would exist in
> devel/mm-common), then cmake with Findmm-common-libstdc++.cmake,
> says https://mesonbuild.com/Dependencies.html
>
> The project looks for mm-common-libstdc++ though it will never get
> used: it is only for building docs with doxygen, but by default,
> the project never builds the docs.
>
> I have not proposed a fix to this problem.  I only know to retry the
> "make configure" if meson fails.

One thing that would be cool to know is whether it is limited to "configure".

Ports can currently be annotated with nojunk for dpb, which leads to dpb
refusing to junk ports during the full build.

adding meson as full "nojunk" might be impractical, there are currently
222 meson ports as
select count(distinct(pkgpath)) from _modules join _modulekeys on
keyref=_modules.value join paths on pathid=_modules.fullpkgpath where
_modulekeys.value='devel/meson';
shows

including a few fairly common dependencies which may slow down dpb a great
deal.

I realize I already added support code to dpb, though that is not
documented because it's not been used and tested so far.
DPB_PROPERTIES = noconfigurejunk

might be what meson ports might need!