On 2022/03/18 04:04, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> Here is an update to the latest version of noto-fonts and noto-emoji,
> a variant of a diff previously sent by Yifei Zhan. I intend to commit
> it, but since Noto is a dependency of Chromium, I would prefer to see
> some test reports first to ensure it doesn't break anyone's rendering.
>
> The main expected change is broader Unicode support, for emojis in
> particular, and several other Unicode ranges which you can figure
> out by looking at the PLIST portion of the diff. These pages should
> provide a good sample of characters to browse:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters

Chromium seems fine in my installation.

> Note: I'm not updating noto-cjk in this diff, as Chrome doesn't depend
> on it.

I've built packages and put them at
https://junkpile.org/noto-fonts-20201206.tgz
https://junkpile.org/noto-emoji-20211101.tgz
if it helps anyone with testing (the source downloads to build the
ports are pretty huge, these are much smaller)

OK with me, but I agree about getting more testing, font rendering can be
a bit of a minefield.

Related, does anyone have ideas about getting emoji to work in Firefox?