On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 04:43:28PM +0100, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> It's time to start slowing down for the upcoming 7.1 release.
>
> There are no restrictions on the types of ports commits yet, but I
> would like to ask everybody to keep the approaching release in mind
> and to slowly wind down large ports work.
>
> As usual, I'm also imploring people to test snapshot packages so
> bugs can be found and fixed before it is too late.

I am working on a webkitgtk4 update that I would like to go in.
Otherwise it will be impossible to publish security updates to -stable as
webkit never provides security releases for past releases.
That's unfortunately the situation we have in 7.0 and I would like to prevent it
from happening again.

--
Antoine