Hi Matthias and ports testers,

I have a plausible set of attached patches that should switch us to the
newest GHC. We are skipping the 9.0 series as I don't think they offer
anything valuable compared to going directly to the latest.

The ports that were easy to update while keeping compatible ghc-8.10
have been already submitted.  I do not know how to land the remaining
patches non-atomically without heroics.  So when we are happy with them,
I can submit them all at once.

As previously discussed, we won't be supporting i386 going forward.  For
the ease of review, the i386 removal is a separate patch.

One knotty update is git-annex which I documented upstream:
https://git-annex.branchable.com/bugs/No_viable_build_plan_for_ghc_9.2.2/
I hacked the do-patch target of this port together. If people feel this
is too hacky, we can discuss how to improve.

If people feel like helping, please build your own GHC and any ports
that you use and run them for real. I can am pretty sure everything
packages and installs, but not much beyond this except for some ports I
actively use.

Thanks
Greg