On 2022/05/03 15:13, Solène Rapenne wrote:
> Le Tue, 3 May 2022 14:10:19 +0100,
> Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> a écrit :
>
> > On 2022/05/02 20:35, Jonathan Thornburg wrote:
> > > The 7.1 ports.tar.gz (I tried downloading from both
> > >   https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/
> > >   https://openbsd.cs.toronto.edu/pub/OpenBSD/
> > > and verified that they gave identical files; checksums are below)
> > > appears to have a slightly corrupted 'graphics/libraw' port:
> > >
> > >   % /bin/tar xzf /tmp/ports.tar.gz
> > >   % cd ports
> > >   % ls -d g*
> > >   games/    geo/      gnome/    graphics/ grapics/
> > >
> > > I was curious about the directory name 'grapics' (which looks like a
> > > 1-letter typo from 'graphics'), so I looked around.  'grapics' contains
> > > only a single port, libraw, and that port is missing various files:
> >
> > These directories are present in the cvs tree due to broken imports in the
> > past (there are a bunch of others). This one was from 2010. I think that
> > when the tar was created it was done from a checkout without -d.
> >
> > It also misses some files with names which are too long for the default
> > tar format.
> >
> > I recommend ignoring this file and doing a checkout from anoncvs.
> >

> Should we continue to distribute that file is it's broken due to tar
> limitations?

Another option would be to distribute a file that works ok with OpenBSD
(and FreeBSD, but not GNU) tar:

cd /usr/ports
cvs up -Pd -r OPENBSD_X_Y_BASE
cd ..
pax -x cpio -w ports | gzip -9 > ports.tar.gz

A better option would be to add support for writing extended headers
in tar(1), it already handles reading them (so, if the tree was archived
with bsdtar/gtar which do this it would include all the files and tar(1)
could unpack them OK, but using a non-OpenBSD archiver to produce a
file distributed by OpenBSD would be quite distasteful).

anoncvs is usually not all that slow though.