On Mon, Jun 06, 2022 at 09:10:59AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> hmm, maybe the last changes to pkg_check-version didn't work quite right
> because I'd not expect the warning to trigger here:
>
> $ pkg_check-version xsd-4.1.0 xsd-4.1.0p0
> xsd-*- sorted: xsd-4.1.0 xsd-4.1.0p0
> WARNING: xsd-4.1.0 and xsd-4.1.0p0 are actually not comparable

The warning is definitely wrong here.

> looking more into xsd, it seems dead upstream anyway, so perhaps we
> don't need to care too much about this, and if that does change, after
> all we can set EPOCH if needed.

Agreed on the upstream situation.  Also, I only discovered the 4.1.0
release after looking at FreeBSD's port.

4.1.0a11 worked in updates and I don't really expect any update for xsd,
so I'll import it like that with 'OK rsadowski' in a few days unless I
hear objections.