On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 05:53:02PM -0400, Mike Erdely wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 11:35:26PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> > On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 03:34:15PM -0400, Mike Erdely wrote:
> > > Attached is a first attempted (well, except for the one I accidentally
> > > deleted months ago) at a bacula-server port.
> > This port and bacula-client should be *one* port, with two subpackages.
>
> Woulda been nice if you had quoted the meaningful part of my message
> where I address this exact issue:
> > It was easier for me to break the port up into two ports (-client &
> > -server) because I don't know how to do set up a port with two
> > subpackages (say, -client & -server) with flavors for only (-server).
>
> If I could have made it one port, I would have.

Just set it up with MULTI_PACKAGES.

> How do you have two sub-packages where ONE sub-package has multiple
> flavors?

Are you *sure* the client stuff is exactly the same for every flavor?
If so, then you could make FULLPKGNAME-client a fixed name.

Looking at your port, I assume only one flavor should be selected at a
time, in that case you need to add some code to your port that prevents
selection of multiple flavors.

Avoid changing SYSCONFDIR, please use your own variable (which can be based
on SYSCONFDIR, of course).  In MESSAGE, replace /etc/bacula with that
variable as well.

We do not want gzipped man pages, and DESCR should be more elaborate, just
take a decent description from their website or documentation.
As for categories, I think it would fit in sysutils and/or net.

--
steven