On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 06:07:51PM +0000, Jeremy Evans wrote:
> When I have time, I'll run a partial bulk of the PostgreSQL ports and
> try to fix any breakage.  Hopefully I can complete that work by the
> release of PostgreSQL 15.1.

There were three build failures: posgresql-pllua, repmgr, timescaledb.
Details below.

Given the non-trivial changes that are/were required in these consumers,
I would not be surprised by a variety of runtime fallout.

databases/postgresql-pllua
--------------------------

Constrains on postgresql-client->=14,<15, postgresql-server->=14,<15.
Builds fine when bumping upper bounds to 16.

See this, however: https://github.com/pllua/pllua/issues/10

databases/repmgr
----------------

repmgr-client.c:185:39: error: incomplete definition of type 'struct passwd'
                strncpy(runtime_options.username, pw->pw_name, MAXLEN);
                                                  ~~^

postgresql/server/port.h no longer pulls in pwd.h. To fix build,
patching #include <pwd.h> into repmgr-client.c is enough.

Upstream support for PostgreSQL 15 is only available from version 5.3.3
https://repmgr.org/docs/current/release-5.3.3.html
This includes various 15-specific fixes (some relating to shared memory).

databases/timescaledb

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:362 (message):
  TimescaleDB only supports PostgreSQL 12, 13 and 14

This is still the case with the latest timescaledb 2.8.1 and they still
seem to be sorting out fallout in the 2.9 branch.