On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:35:26PM +0200, Theo Buehler wrote:
> > with ${COMPILER_LIBCXX}, make port-lib-depends-check complains about an
> > extra "c++", another rust port I looked at have c++abi, adding it make
> > port-lib-depends-check happy (in addition to other libs used)
>
> I guess that's fine then.

I should look at it to solve that in a sane way, and have it managed at cargo
module level.

>From my current understanding of the code, on amd64, c++abi is required as it
provides the LLVM "libunwind" part. It is the case for all RUST_ARCHS except
sparc64 (where the unwinding code comes from libgcc which is static library).

For now, I think that on sparc64 it doesn't hurt to have c++abi in WANTLIB,
even
if it isn't strictly required. I will try to look at it.

Please note that if the rust port uses C++, it will need ${COMPILER_LIBCXX}.
--
Sebastien Marie