On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 10:53:09AM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 11:16:59PM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 05:19:01PM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> > > Hi Thomas, Hi ports@,
> > >

> > > Update citra-nightly to 1816. This update results form the devel/catch2
> > > update and depends on it. There a some exciting port changes:
> > >
> > > - Switch to the github repository.
> > > - 1816 depends on C++20 so I add COMPILER and point to clang only.
> > > - CXXFLAGS deleted as it no longer needed
> > > - Use fmt, boost, sdl and robin-map from system
> > > - Remove {catch2,fmt,boost} before configure to ensure it is not picked
> > >   up
> > > - This update needs devel/catch2>=3.2.0 (see ports@)
> > >
> > > I am not a user of citra so please test and send feedback.
> > >
> > > Rafael
> > >

> > The 'citra' SDL binary seems to work fine.
> >
> > But citra-qt is broken by this update. No image is being displayed in
> > the window during emulation. citra-qt works in citra-0.0.0.729p5.
>
> In case a reproducer is useful, download this .3dsx file:
> https://archive.org/download/thc-3ds-physics-sandbox/3DSPhysicsSandbox_v0.3.7z/3ds%2Fphysicssandbox%2Fphysicssandbox.3dsx
> This game is BSD-licensed homebrew, see here for source code:
> https://github.com/pieface-/3dsphysicssandbox
>
> With citra-0.0.0.729p5 it runs well in both citra and citra-qt (use the
> mouse to move the squares on the "touchscreen" and watch them bounce).
>
> With updated citra, the graphics only show up in citra (the SDL version),
> but not in citra-qt.

Another problem:

With a game controller plugged in, this message appears over and over on
stderr of the SDL citra program, and the controller does not work.
The only way I found to get the process to quit in this state is kill -9.

[  62.956917] Input <Info>
input_common/sdl/sdl_impl.cpp:InitGameController:508: opened joystick 0 as
controller
[  62.995382] Input <Info>
input_common/sdl/sdl_impl.cpp:InitGameController:508: opened joystick 0 as
controller
[  63.032273] Input <Info>
input_common/sdl/sdl_impl.cpp:InitGameController:508: opened joystick 0 as
controller
[  63.069881] Input <Info>
input_common/sdl/sdl_impl.cpp:InitGameController:508: opened joystick 0 as
controller
[  63.108039] Input <Info>
input_common/sdl/sdl_impl.cpp:InitGameController:508: opened joystick 0 as
controller
[  63.145670] Input <Info>
input_common/sdl/sdl_impl.cpp:InitGameController:508: opened joystick 0 as
controller
[  63.183113] Input <Info>
input_common/sdl/sdl_impl.cpp:InitGameController:508: opened joystick 0 as
controller

Controllers do work in citra-qt of citra-0.0.0.729p5. But in the SDL citra
of 0.0.0.729p5 controllers don't seem to work at all (at least after copying
over the button config generated by citra-qt from qt-config.ini to the
sdl2-config.ini file, not sure if that is expected to work).

I'll stop playig around for now.
Perhaps I will find time to look into fixing some of these issues, but it is
not very likely :-/