Le Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 08:46:56PM +0000, Klemens Nanni a écrit :
> I'm hunting a bug but there are updates ahead, so let's pull them first.
>
> Not sure what the version should be... latest Xfce with our preN suffix?
> That's why I did here.
>
> Current 4.15 doesn't seem special: upstream last tagged for 4.11 and the
> before Xfce 4.18 we had 4.16 in ports, so it's not the previous version,
> either.

I chose 4.15 because it was the current version of other components when
mixer was revived by @ali in the multiple-backends branch, after having
been abandoned before 4.12 since gst1 had no mixer support (hence 4.11
being the last tag).

at that time i did the sndio work
(https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-mixer/-/merge_requests/2) and got it
merged by ali, his branch was (i think) merged to master then he
disappeared again so no proper release has been done.

so maybe 4.18.0pre0 makes sense in that regard.

> Upstream mostly updated translations, but there's also a memleak fix and
> some autoconf sndio bits, although those should be relevant for us.

we should be fine since /usr/lib/pkgconfig/sndio.pc says we have 1.9.0.
The existing previous sndio detection i did worked for us, but looking
at
https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-mixer/-/commit/42b6ee12cddcf0f61e100397260865ca76e257fc
it should still work. havent tested yet but if it works for you we
should be fine :)