On 2022/12/29 02:38:17 -0700, "Anthony J. Bentley" <anth...@anjbe.name> wrote:
> Nice to see this.
>
> Omar Polo writes:
> > The idea then is to move the current port for the 0.8.0 (assuming we
> > want to keep it) as games/love/0.8.0 and add some other versions too,
> > for the time being 0.10.4 and 11.4 (the latest.)  11.1 doesn't compile
> > out of the box, and we can always add other versions later.
>
> My understanding is that LOVE keeps API compatibility between minor
> versions, so 11.1 is obviated by 11.2 and eventually 11.4.

I thought it was the case (that's why i haven't spent much energy in
trying to port 11.1) but wasn't sure, thanks for confirming.

it's also probably why they switched from 0.10.X to 11.Y at some
point.

> If that's
> the case, we should rename the packaged files and the port directories
> to 0.8, 0.10, and 11, and only package the latest of each.

done

> I would also like the version numbers in PLIST to use a SUFFIX variable
> (as autoconf, etc. do).

I avoided it initially because it leads to entries such as

        @lib lib/liblove-${VERSION}.so.${LIBlove-${VERSION}_VERSION}

but maybe it's not bad.

I've also lowered the autoconf and automake version to what upstream
used (latest autoconf would warning about deprecated macros) and
adjusted Makefile.inc not to add the lang/lua category (already done
by lua.port.mk)