On 6/1/07, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2007/06/01 12:51, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> Here is an update to my first attempt to create a port for last
> boehm-gc. This one works well with inkscape and w3m on i386.

boehm-gc is difficult, it needs someone with access to multiple
machine architectures and a fair understanding of OS internals to get
it configured properly.

it should probably be ONLY_FOR_ARCHS which have been specifically
tested and known to work. I'm not sure the in-tree port works quite
right on many !i386 but it gets further than this update, which
fails to build on amd64:

os_dep.c: In function `GC_get_stack_base':
os_dep.c:1095: error: `result' undeclared (first use in this function)
os_dep.c:1095: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
os_dep.c:1095: error: for each function it appears in.)
os_dep.c: In function `GC_register_data_segments':
os_dep.c:1483: error: `DATASTART' undeclared (first use in this function)

(this update is also not made on -current, e.g. distinfo is still
old-style) - I didn't try any slow arch yet.

> All sources in a convenient way are on ports.gcu.info :

cvs diff against -current is generally most convenient for a
port which is already in-tree.

update was made on current. I have to upgrade distinfo indeed. For now
this port was tested on 2 i386 machines. I will test on macppc this
weekend. I have no amd64 here so indeed it will be dificult to update.
At least it works on i386 and could be a base for other arch.

--
bchesneau.info | neurofriends.net | osbud.net