On 2023/01/18 01:27, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 11:40:24PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > I think the @pkgpath is needed for the quirks rename to work. Test with
> > pkg_add -u with PKG_PATH pointed at a dir with the packages to be sure. (If
> > it's not meant to be a replacement then the quirks rename isn't wanted
> > either)
>
> It should be possible to install gotweb and gotwebd side-by-side
> and access each using different URL locations served from the same
> instance of httpd.
>
> All we want is show a hint that gotweb is now obsolete and gotwebd
> should be installed and configured instead. If someone is still
> using gotweb now they didn't get the message months ago when we
> made gotwebd avaiable in packages and asked people to switch over
> and report any issues.
>
> Installing gotwebd automatically when gotweb gets deleted doesn't
> really help. The admin must also create a gotwebd.conf file and
> adjust httpd.conf.
>
> Given this, I hope I've done the right thing in quirks?

Ah this is a different hash in quirks than I was expecting (and not used
very often) - this does do the right thing,

$ doas env PKG_PATH=./ pkg_add -u -D unsigned
quirks-6.94->6.96: ok
got-0.79->0.80: ok
gotwebd-0.79->0.80: ok
Read shared items: ok
Obsolete package: gotweb-0.79 (no longer maintained upstream, suggest gotwebd)

I guess that's alright though it doesn't really tell the user what to do
- normally for packages when an update requires the user to make changes
we'd add a section to faq/current.html with some quick notes on what to
do (which then could be moved to upgrade notes for the next release).

I'd still prefer not to leave the old no-longer-updatable binaries lying
around though - especially in this case as they're in /var/www.