On 2023/01/25 14:25, Bjorn Ketelaars wrote:
> Upstream of borgbackup is slowly moving towards 2.0.0, which will be a
> major breaking release that is not compatible with existing repos.
> Additionally, some borg 1.x commands that supported working on a repo
> AND on an archive have been split into 2 commands, some others were
> renamed. (Breaking) changes are detailed in
> https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/2.0.0b4/changes.html#version-2-0-0b4-2022-11-27.
>
> Another change is that this new release will use EVP_aes_256_ocb, which
> is not provided by LibreSSL. As such, OpenSSL is used, which is linked
> statically to avoid conflicting with shared libcrypto from the base OS
> pulled in via dependencies.
>
> Enclosed with this mail is a port for borgbackup-2.0.0b4, which is a
> beta release. I would like to import this for easy testing (suggested
> offlist). Plan is to _not_ hook this up to the build.
>
> Comments / OK to import?

As it's static-linked to OpenSSL, if it's imported then I *would* add it
to the build, so that if anyone installs it they can still get updated
packages if there happened to be an OpenSSL security fix (but then I
would add a pkg/MESSAGE to make it clear that it's not supported yet).

I don't understand the noexeconly bits, that should be a noop, it's
setting USE_NOEXECONLY on archs which don't default to --execute-only
anyway so it should do nothing?