Hello!

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 09:01:44PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 06:26:00PM +0200, Hannah Schroeter wrote:
>> I'd install mailfilter.cf as example, too.

>Sure.

>> You can get coredumps by doing things like
>>   echo asdlkj | crm /usr/local/share/examples/crm114/shuffle.crm

>> Though I don't know whether that's due to an upstream bug or a
>> port(ability) problem.

>It's a stupid sprintf(3) overflow. Thanks for reporting.

>After having a look at the code, I slowly start to no longer believe
>that the powerpc issue really is related to any gcc bug on powerpc.

*nods*

>In other words: I'll fix the crm bug (or rather: bugs, since there's
>more stupid code in it) and then again look at the problems happening
>on powerpc. But this may take a few days, since the crm code is
>hard to read (very ugly, indeed).

*nods*

In fact, I've compiled crm114 myself on a Linux box (and I'd expect
software written in the "all the world is Linux" style to work "better"
there) and tried to get mail filtering work. Futile. Quite a few
more segfaults, etc. So my temporary conclusion is: Nice ideas (e.g. the
different text classifiers), but bad implementation. *sigh*

I'll probably not have time/energy for further testing soon, anyway.

>Ciao,
>       Kili

Kind regards,

Hannah.