Lars Hansson <lars at unet dot net dot ph> sent me his version of the
port, from which I have taken many great ideas, thanks!
So now:
- new user and group, _ejabberd, for now with uid/gid 590
- scripts ejabberd and ejabberdctl which do what is expected of them,
with default settings
- paths in scripts are generated in fake stage, allowing for own
PREFIX, and setting up different settings, controlled in port's
Makefile
- logs are stored in /vad/log/ejabberd/, user data and the like in
/var/db/ejabberd/
- communicating with google servers works
- only html and png files from documentation are installed
- MODULES= converters/libiconv instead of that being in LIB_DEPENDS
- odbc is enabled, but I am not sure whether this will work, as our
erlang port has odbc disabled - and I don't know whether that matters

It's running fine on my home i386 box, also with the updated erlang,
ssl connections work, offline storage, s2s, couldn't think of much
more to test... But I am (very lightly) using it.

Any interest, comments, improvements?

--
viq