On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 01:14:36PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:

>> On an Intel amd64 machine with the latest snapshot (Jul 24th), net/unison
>> dies for me on startup with the culprit being `caml_startup__code_begin`.
>> I guess this is because O'Caml hasn't been updated sufficiently for IBT?
[...]
> Yes that's exactly it.
>
> I have just committed changes to ocaml ports to use USE_NOBTCFI=Yes to
> disable branch tracking. They can be removed easily if the ocaml compiler
> gains support for generating the landing pad nops.

Thanks, Stuart -- I can confirm that unison now works with your patches!

[For anyone who wants to test this, you'll either need to wait for the next
packages snapshot or build a unison package on a non-IBT machine, otherwise
you end up in a bootstrapping problem where the existing ocaml compiler dies
because of IBT and thus can't compile a new version.]

Laurie