On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 03:24:38PM -0400, Thomas Frohwein wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 11:18:29AM -0700, Ryan Freeman wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Bubbling this one back up, I'd love to see it go in.  I've went ahead and
> > taken MAINTAINER anyway, adjusted HOMEPAGE to https://crispy-doom.org/ as
> > it has a real website since some time.
> >
> > portcheck,port-lib-depends-check,lib-depends-check all seem to pass and the
> > games still play good on -current on my amd64 laptop.
> >
> > Hoping this one gets an OK and a friendly committer can get it in before
> > ports lock. :-)  Thanks!
> >
> > -Ryan
>
> -  $ crispy-hexen -iwad hexen.wad
>
> Is there a problem with crispy-hexen? It's still in the PLIST, but this
> line removes it from the README.

Nope, no issue.  That must be from when I synced it with the chocolate-doom
pkg/README.  I would have to guess I decided that listing just a couple
examples was sufficient rather than listing an example for every game.
Hexen also AFAIK only ever had hexen.wad, whereas heretic and doom versions
may have had either doom1.wad or heretic1.wad for shareware vs full game.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/HEXEN.WAD

IWADs installed in ${PREFIX}/share/doom (all games) also automatically get
used, the remark about multiple IWADs is mostly for the games that had
multiple options.  For Doom, both crispy-doom and chocolate-doom err to
choosing doom2.wad first, whereas you might want to use -iwad to specify
doom.wad, plutonia.wad, or tnt.wad.

There could be a case for showing an example for Strife, as strife0.wad is
shareware and strife1.wad/voices.wad is from full version.

What do you think?

Thanks for the feedback!
-Ryan