On 09/02 12:49, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2023/09/02 13:43, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> > On Sat Sep 02, 2023 at 12:33:56PM +0100, Jeremy Evans wrote:

> > > Correct.  OpenBSD packages for ruby gems should be equivalent
> > > to what you would get by installing the gem directly.
> > >

> > Perfect, ok to send all of them to Attic. I guess this is going to take
> > a couple of hours and some CVS mistakes :D
>
> we have done way bigger commits than this without screwing up ;)
> the slowest bit is probably writing the quirks entries..

Ruby ports are generally buildable for 3-4 different Ruby versions, so
we generally do not add quirks for removed Ruby ports.  Instead, when a
Ruby version goes out of a support, a general quirk is added that
handles all packages for that Ruby version.

Rafael is probably correct that it is going to take a couple of hours.
Hopefully he is wrong about the CVS mistakes, but we'll see. :)

I plan to do the removal on September 6, to give people time to speak
up in case they want to keep any of the ports.

Thanks,
Jeremy