I've attached the first run of dpb -F8 with the new more descriptive options.
It shows every location it tried to fetch that didn't work.

"FIRST" means it's the first entry in SITES*

"BACKUP" means it's actually failed to fetch from the SITES* list and
had to switch to SITES_OPENBSD (it's offset by one: the LAST entry that's
a regular site will show BACKUP).

"BACKUPONLY" means there's no official site and it's going straight to
the backups.

(I just decorated the old bad.log and added some more info to it)

keep in mind that some of these might be transient failures.