On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 01:09:48AM +0300, artsi0m wrote:
> I tried to use mentor[1]. It is GNU Emacs frontend for the rTorrent
> bittorent client. I couldn't connect to running[2] instance of rtorrent
> because it lacks XML-RPC support. I find out that XML-RPC is present
> in ports and I added it as a dependency[3].

Unmaintained, outdated and unused xmlrpc-c was removed a few days ago.
rtorrent and its libtorrent are in the same shape, but still in tree.

Could you check out the old removed xmlrpc-c version, apply my mechanical
untested update on ports@ and retest?

I also have a WIP libtorrent update and bentley (cc'ed) might be working
on an rtorrent update at the moment.

It would be great to bring these ports into better shape before reviving
old questionable xmlrpc-c again.