Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM) wrote (2023-12-09 00:17 CET):
> On Sep 6 a commit landed in the Github nrpe repo that deleted
> the notice about nrpe being depricated.
>
> It might be worth revisiting the admonition in the port's
> pkg/MESSAGE file.
>
> --lyndon

Yes, this was 3 months ago. Since then, nothing happened. No commit, no
active branch, no activity on the authors account fork and no discussion
on PRs.

This "admonition" is taken from the README.md which is in the tarball of
the release and installed to ${PREFIX}/share/doc/nrpe/README.md.

The port is correct for the version we have. We'll update pkg/MESSAGE
when a new release shows up.

Best,
Stefan